CDL Truck Driver with Forklift / Piggyback / Boom Experience
Location: Paterson, NJ
Responsible for transporting building materials to customer job sites using either - an articulate boom truck and/or a - truck mounted forklift. Drivers are also required to perform inspections before and after a trip, and unload materials using forklift at job sites. These drivers also follow appropriate safety procedures to transport cargo and maintain logs of vehicle repair status and working hours.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Delivering building materials to job sites within 100-mile radius.
- Managing proof of delivery paperwork from customers.
- Assisting workers in loading and unloading trucks.
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance.
- Meet delivery schedules
- Document and log work/rest periods and miles spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
- Comply with FMSCA regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Wearing the proper safety equipment.
- Strong communication skills
- Responsible in nature
- Knowledge of roads
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to read and write
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions, etc.)
- Organizational Skills
- Mathematical Skills
- Technical Capacity
- Time Management
Qualifications & Skills
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent years of experience.
- No recent moving or driving violations
- We offer competitive pay. Medical, dental and Profit Sharing
- Commercial Driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- CDL A (Preferred)
Qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.15 – 29.65 per hour
Kamco Supply Corp is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.